Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Our Creative Corner

This is the second post for the day.  I still haven't heard from my son but no news is good news?

My second post is a card I made for Our Creative Corner challenge Making Melody.  Our Creative Corner  

What a fun idea. The song I chose was "These Boots Are Made for Walkin" a 1966 hit recorded by Nancy Sinatra

The boot stamp and sentiment are Darcie's.  The white spot on black is Kaiser paper and the black spot on white was made using a Darkroom Door background stamp.  I double stamped the boot thn cut one out and popped it up on foam tape.  The other one I just cut the straps and popped those on the boot image.  I used Kaiser rhinestones but they don't show up in the photograph.  

I tried to re-create the feel of the 60's by using spots and contrasting colours.


As I said earlier this was fun            

2 comments:

  1. A stylish card, love combo red/black and white. And the image is perfect to the song of your choice. //Pia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some super-sassy boots, Skye! Love how it just pops off the black and white polka dots. The touches of sparkle just complete the look. Boots are always better with bling! Lol! What a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete