Monday, June 30, 2014

Baby You Are One



It’s Party time at Our Beautiful World (Week 53)!  OBW is one today.  This week they have asked us to share a photo of when we were about the age of one.  The ladies are celebrating by having a birthday blog hop with prizes


I had to rummage at the back of cupboards and through boxes but I found a photo.  I was worried that I would only find the ones where I am naked on a rug. Fortunately I found a studio photograph. 

I was always amused at the way my hair was done.  When I asked my mother how she got it to sit that way she said “Spit”.  I think she was joking, at least I hope she was.


Happy Birthday OBW!!!


Skye

12 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie you were, Skye ... glad your blushes were saved by finding this one! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, how cute you were on this photo! It's actually the kind of photo that would be perfect for a vintage design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice photo Skye...just like a little doll! Yes the old spit....from childhood memories your mum may not be joking..lol. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skye you are the cutest my little friend....Gorgeous creation, love the colours and stamps used....wow factor to me..xx♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Skye, this is a lovely portrait of you as a baby...I do believe 'spit' was very popular a few years back - I think they called them lick curls, my hair fortunately was very curly so just a brush would do the trick...still curly fluffy unmanageable. Thanks for sharing your photo to celebrate one year of OBW. Cheers and have a great week Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you Mother was joking! I remember that style too! Adorable photo! Thanks so much for celebrating with us this week at Our Beautiful World!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darling! Thanks for joining in the birthday fun at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photo Skye. You look so Beautiful as a one year old and I think your mother was not lying when she said she used spit to do your hair as I remember My mother saying the same..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lol, you'd better believe your mom I'm afraid :)
    Gorgeous photo of you, such a beautiful little one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super sweet photo of you in your baby time:-)
    Thanks for sharing your lovely photo with us at "Our Beautiful World"

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is lovely and so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable photo! )) So nice!

    ReplyDelete